Simon is a British born American author and inspirational speaker. I personally find him very inspirational because he just has a way with words that clearly and directly describe why things happen in the way it happens in terms of human behaviour in the workplace.
“Leaders Eat Last: Why some teams pull together and others don’t” is Simon’s second book. It describes Service Leadership and why this way of leadership is the future for businesses around the world.
What I like most about the book:
It explains in simple terms why we as humans behave the way we do, linking behaviour to biology, social psychology; and then linking this to leadership and human interconnectedness in the workplace.
My key take-outs:
- If leaders focus on enabling a workplace culture where their employees’ happy chemicals are constantly triggered- happy workers stay and go the extra mile
- There are 4 main areas that leaders must get right in the workplace:
- Setting clear inspirational direction
- Celebrate achievements
- Create a workplace culture that nurtures mental resilience
- Support ways of working that promotes human connection
I’ve learnt a lot from this book and invite you to have a look at it.